Blackmores - Glucosamine 1500
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24253 | Spec: 180.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- Convenient, one a day dose.
- Effective for arthritis pain relief.
- Results expected after 2-4 weeks.
- Slows the progression of joint damage in osteoarthritis.
- Helps to increase joint mobility and reduce joint stiffness.
- Helps to reduce joint inflammation and swelling.
- Helps to reduce cartilage wear.
How it works
Glucosamine and sulfate are natural components found in the cartilage matrix and synovial fluid. Glucosamine is a major building block of the substances that together with protein form the structural units in cartilage. These structural units, called aggrecans, are important for the elasticity, resilience and shock-absorbing properties of cartilage. Ageing decreases the body's ability to restore and manufacture normal cartilage. Supplementary glucosamine can be an important source of this vital component of cartilage as we age.
Osteoarthritis is characterized by joint degeneration and loss of cartilage. As we get older the 'wear and tear' effects of use cause degenerative changes in the cartilage. The cartilage becomes more susceptible to breakdown and damage, which may result in the typical symptoms of osteoarthritis. These symptoms include decreased mobility, increased joint stiffness, inflammation and swelling.
Glucosamine may help to provide relief from these symptoms, as well as helping to reduce cartilage wear and provide temporary relief of the pain associated with this condition.
Researchers found in a clinical trial that patients with osteoarthritis of the knees had a clinically significant improvement in pain and mobility after a period of four weeks using glucosamine sulphate 500 mg three times daily.
Adults - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- This product is derived from crustacean shells. Not recommended for people with seafood allergies.
- Contains 150 mg sodium per daily dose.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Glucosamine sulfate sodium chloride complex
Equiv. to glucosamine sulfate 1500 mg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking alongside other medications.
A white bullet-shaped tablet with a break bar. Film coated white.