Blackmores - Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 23568 | Spec: 180.00 Caps
Features and benefits
- Provides iodine to promote healthy development of baby's brain, eyesight & hearing.
- Provides a daily dose of 500 µg of folic acid that may reduce the risk of brain and/or spinal cord birth defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly if taken daily for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy.
- Provides vitamin D3 to support calcium absorption to assist with healthy development of baby's bones.
- Provides omega-3 essential fatty acids to promote healthy development of baby's brain & eyesight.
- Provides overall nutritional support with 17 nutrients including 10 vitamins, 6 minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids.
How it works
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-feeding Gold contains the following essential nutrients:
- Iodine - is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland as it is an essential nutrient required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones affect almost every cell in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important for the normal development of the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems of children. Iodine plays an important role in the normal development of brain, eyesight and hearing.
- Tuna fish oil - is a source of omega-3 long chain fatty acids. One of the main long chain fatty acids found in breast milk and in tuna oil is DHA. DHA is particularly important for the normal function of the brain and nerves, and for development of normal eyesight.
- Folic acid - plays a role in DNA and RNA synthesis, and is therefore critical in cellular division. In order to divide properly cells need adequate folic acid. The development and growth of a foetus involves constant cell division, which can lead to an increase in the mother's demand for folate. Daily supplementation with folic acid for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy may reduce the incidence of neural tube defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly in the child.
- Vitamin D3 - supports calcium absorption and isï¿½essential for building and maintaining healthy bones. Low vitamin D levels are common in women during pregnancy
- Calcium and magnesium - are essential for bone health, as well as playing important roles in healthy muscle and nerve function.
- Iron - is a component of haemoglobin, an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen. Without adequate iron levels the delivery of oxygen to cells decreases and energy production may suffer. Iron requirements increase during pregnancy because of increased needs for red blood cell formation and foetal growth.
- Zinc - is essential to good health as it is involved in many enzymatic reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate levels of zinc are vital for a healthy baby's normal growth and development.
- B group vitamins - play an essential role in baby's growth.
Adults - Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, you should seek specific medical advice.
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold, Blackmores I-Folic®, Blackmores Folate, or other folic acid containing supplements.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- Not for the treatment of iron deficiency.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
Fish oil - natural (Tuna oil)
containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 160 mg as:
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate)
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||750 µg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride)||750 µg|
|Folic acid||250 µg|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||30 mg|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 6.3 µg)||250 IU|
|Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol 3.5 mg)||5.2 IU|
|Mixed carotenoids (as Dunaliella salina (natural source) extract equiv. to fresh cell 72 mg)||2.9 mg|
|Phosphorus (as calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous 200 mg)||45.6 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide - heavy 49.8 mg)||30 mg|
|Iron (as ferrous fumarate 15.7 mg)||5 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc sulfate monohydrate 22.2 mg)||8 mg|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide 164 µg)||125 µg|
- Calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron may decrease absorption and efficacy of some medications
- Vitamin D3 may cause hypercalcaemia (high calcium levels) if taken with thiazide diuretics. Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking a diuretic (fluid tablet).
- Iodine may interfere with treatment for thyroid conditions. Consult your healthcare professional before use if being treated for thyroid disease.
An opaque red, unprinted, oblong shaped soft gelatin capsule.