Blackmores - Total Calcium + Magnesium
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 24255 | Spec: 200.00 Tabs
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 1614 | Spec: 60.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- The levels of calcium and magnesium in this formula are in the desired ratio of 2:1
- Contains co-factors vitamin D3, vitamin K1 and minerals to aid in the absorption and function of calcium
How it works
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, and approximately 99% of the body's calcium exists in the bones. The major function of calcium is building and maintaining bones and teeth.
Calcium is also involved in various metabolic roles such as nerve transmission, contraction of muscles and the regulation of heart muscle function.
Both calcium and magnesium are essential for bone health, as well as playing important roles in healthy muscle and nerve function. The levels of calcium and magnesium in this formula are in the desired ratio of 2: 1.
Vitamin D is essential for the absorption and utilisation of calcium. Deficiency of vitamin D results in lack of bone strength and density, and joint pain.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 1 to 4 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 9-12 years - Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 6-8 years - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 6 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
- None noted in the literature at recommended doses.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Calcium citrate (Calcium 63.2mg)||300 mg|
|Calcium phosphate (Calcium 126mg)||325 mg|
|Calcium amino acid chelate (Calcium 40mg)
(Total equiv. 229.2mg elemental calcium)
|Magnesium phosphate (Magnesium 13.4mg)||65 mg|
|Magnesium oxide heavy (Magnesium 102.5mg)
(Total equiv. 115.9 mg elemental magnesium)
|Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 2.5mg)||12.5 mg|
|Manganese amino acid chelate
(Manganese 1.5 mg)
|Vitamin K1 (Phytomenadione)||5 mcg|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 5 mcg)||200 IU|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||60 mg|
|Folic acid||100 mcg|
- Calcium, zinc and magnesium may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking or quinolone antibiotics, bisphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs) or thyroid hormone, separate doses by at least two hours
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking a diuretic (fluid tablets)
- Vitamin D3 may cause hypercalcaemia (high calcium levels) if taken with thiazide diuretics
A white, mottled, large, capsule shaped tablet. Film-coated clear.