Caruso's Natural Health - Life Eze Plus With SAMe
Brand: Caruso's Natural Health | Code: 815435 | Spec: 60.00 Tabs
If you suffer from low mood, mild anxiety, stress or nervous tension then you may need LifeEZE Plus.
LifeEZE Plus has a calming effect on the mind, enabling you to think more clearly and keeping you in a positive frame of mind.
AT LAST! One of Europe’s biggest selling supplements for lifting mood, relieving stress, nervous tension and mild anxiety is now available in Australia!
WHAT IS SAMe?
S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) is a physiological molecule occurring naturally in the tissues of the body, predominately in the liver, adrenal and pineal glands. SAMe is an important metabolic intermediate, synthesised in the body to form ATP, the molecule that is the cell’s energy source and L-methionine.1
HISTORY OF SAMe
SAMe was first brought to attention by an Italian, Cantoni in 1951. It was an unstable molecule and could not be studied in clinical trials until it became commercially available in 1974. An Italian group devised a way of stabilising SAMe. Since then numerous studies have been carried out showing that SAMe participates in a variety of biological reactions. SAMe has been used clinically in Europe since the 1970’s and is today one of the most used supplements for stress, nervous tension, mild anxiety and low mood in Europe. Strong evidence exists that SAMe is effective for the treatment of low mood and mild anxiety. Some studies have suggested a faster onset of action for SAMe than for conventional antidepressants.2 As SAMe research pioneer G. Stramentinol notes; “SAMe is an important physiologic compound that occurs in every living cell.”3
LIFTING ANXIETY, STRESS AND LOW MOOD
SAMe has experimentally been shown to be effective with those suffering from low mood disorders. SAMe stimulates the activity of chemical messenger pathways in the brain. Levels of SAMe have been shown to be reduced in the redblood cells of those with low mood, suggesting a disruption in SAMe pathways. This has formed the basis for the use of SAMe for the relief of stress and associated conditions, particularly those suffering with a low mood. A popular psychological ratings scale has shown the effect of SAMe in patients suffering from mild anxiety and associated health problems to be consistent with improvement in mood.4
The potential benefit of using SAMe in osteoarthritis was discovered when patients enrolled in clinical trials of SAMe for depression reported marked improvement in their symptoms associated with osteoarthritis. Nine clinical trials in Europe and one in the United States with a total of more than 22 000 participants have confirmed the therapeutic activity of SAMe against osteoarthritis.4 To date, a total of 22,261 patients have participated in clinical trials for the temporary relief of osteoarthrits. 21,524 were given SAMe, 458 were given different non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s) and 279 given a placebo. The trials were conducted over a period of three weeks to two years and dosages ranged from 400 – 1200mg daily.2
HELPS LIVER FUNCTION
The potential benefit of SAMe in assisting poor liver function stems from several important aspects of SAMe metabolism. In mammals, as much as 80% of the methionine, (an essential amino acid) in the liver is converted into SAMe. Hepatic glutathione, an antioxidant made by the liver, which is dependent on methionine and SAMe metabolism, is one of the principal antioxidants involved in liver detoxification. The literature on the clinical potential of SAMe in assisting poor liver function has been the subject of several review articles.4
SAMe is able to increase the main cellular anti-oxidant levels in the liver by activating a detoxification pathway, which is known to be low in those who may have a sluggish liver, rendering it effective in this area.5
LifeEZE PLUS gives you relief in three ways;
1 - For the relief of stress, nervous tension and mild anxiety.
2 - Helps to support and protect the liver.
3 - Provides temporary relief of the pain associated with osteoarthritis.
1. Mato JM, Alvarez L, Ortiz P, Pajares MA 1997. S-Adenosylmethionine synthesis: molecular mechanisms and clinical implications. Pharmacol Ther; 73:265–
2. Mischoulon D, Fava M. 2002. Role of S-adenosyl-L-methionine in the treatment of depression: a review of the evidence. Am J Clin Nutr.76(5):1158S-61S.
3. G. Stramentinoli 1987 “Pharmacologic aspects of [SAMe]” Am J Med 83 (suppl 5A), 35-42
4. Bottiglieri,T. 2002. S-Adenosylmethionine synthesis;( SAMe): from the bench to the bedside-molecular basis of a pleiotrphic molecule. Am J Clin Nutr.76(5):1151S
5. Lieber CS 2002. S-adenosyl-L-methionine: its role in the treatment of liver disorders. Am J Clin Nutr;76(suppl):1183S–7S.
Each Tablet contains:
S-adenosylmethionine disulfate tosylate - 412.37mg
Equiv. to S-adenosylmethionine - 200mg
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) - 2mg
Choline Bitartrate - 5mg
Folic Acid - 125mcg
How to use:
Take 1 tablet daily with food, for the first 4 days. If needed, increase the dosage as per the following guidelines:
Mood & Mind: 1-3 tablets daily with food.
Liver Support & Joint Health: 1- 4 tablets daily with food.
Cautions / Warnings and Contra-Indications
- Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your Healthcare Professional
- Not to be taken during pregnancy or lactation.
- Individuals with Bipolar depression should not use this product unless under supervision of a health care professional.
- Not suitable for persons under 18 years.
- May cause minor gastrointestinal upsets. This can be avoided by ensuring LifeEZE Plus is taken with food.
- Always start on the lowest dose and increase daily.
- Caution: Take at least one hour away from other medications
- Note: Do not break / crush tablet due to enteric coating.
- Prescription anti-depressants and anti-anxiolitics
- St John’s Wort