Blackmores - Bio Zinc
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 233 | Spec: 168.00 Tabs
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 231 | Spec: 84.00 Tabs
Features and benefits
- May assist in the management of acne
- May help to relieve minor skin disorders including dermatitis
- Maintains healthy skin
- Supports production of healthy sperm
- Helps to maintain normal healthy sperm count
- Maintains healthy immune function
How it works
Zinc is essential to good health as it is found in every cell of the body and is involved in many enzymatic reactions. Adequate levels of zinc are critical for the proper functioning of the immune system. It is important in wound healing, in the maintenance of the senses (vision, taste and smell) and healthy skin.
Low zinc levels can therefore increase susceptibility to infection and can lead to poor wound healing, decreased sense of taste and smell, and skin disorders. Zinc also plays an essential role in male reproductive health and in the production of healthy sperm.
Vitamin A plays an essential role in the healthy function and repair of the skin, as well as being important to the immune system. Vitamin B6 helps to increase the concentrations of both zinc and magnesium in the cells.
Adults - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions
- The recommended adult daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 2500IU. When taken in excess of 8,000 IU vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are pregnant, do not take vitamin A supplements without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active ingredients per tablet
|Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 25 mg)||125 mg|
|Magnesium phosphate (Magnesium 25 mg)||122 mg|
|Manganese amino acid chelate (Manganese 2 mg)||20 mg|
|Vitamin A (Retinyl acetate 860 µg)||2500 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride)||50 mg|
Zinc and magnesium may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking quinolone antibiotics separate doses by at least 2 hours.
An off white, round biconvex tablet with opaque coating.