Blackmores - Proseren Saw Palmetto®
Brand: Blackmores | Code: 343 | Spec: 120.00 Caps
Features and benefits
- Clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
- Relieves symptoms of medically diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy including frequent day and night urination, difficulty in starting and finishing urination and a weak urinary flow.
- Easy-to-swallow capsule.
How it works
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a slow progressive enlargement of the prostate gland. Symptoms include frequent urination (particularly at night), hesitancy and impairment of urinary stream.
- Results of clinical trials indicate that saw palmetto can assist in the relief of symptoms of BPH. The actual mechanisms of action of saw palmetto in BPH are still not clear, but are thought to be due to its ability to reduce inflammation and oedema and reduce smooth muscle spasm. Saw palmetto has been shown to improve bladder emptying and urinary tract symptoms, such as night time urination and poor urine flow.
- Of particular interest is that scientific review of evidence for the use of saw palmetto concluded that it decreases the symptoms of BPH, with few side effects and no changes to PSA levels. Saw palmetto does not artificially lower PSA levels.
Adults - Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Consult your doctor before use and ensure your condition has been diagnosed as benign prostatic enlargement.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
|Serenoa serrulata (Saw palmetto)
extract equivalent to dry fruit
standardised to contain fatty acids
1.6 g (1600 mg)
An opaque orange, unprinted, oval, soft gelatin capsule.